Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby #2

A few weeks ago I had a funny dream...i was having twins! ok no so funny more of a panic. I had a feeling i was pregnant but wasn't sure. I took a pregnancy test...not pregnant. Ok Fine. a week later--- still no period....took another one. Lost track of time (i think i waited 7 minutes not 2) and came back to see a VERY faint second line, almost wasn't sure it was even there. A few days later i got my ass over to CVS and bought a two pack. Took the first one...no lines at all!! are you kidding me. it was a dead test...Pregnancy test number four. To all of you that have taken one, you have two choices. 1) hold stick in stream of urine for 5 seconds or 2) pee in a cup and hold it in the cup for 20 seconds. Seeing that number one has been unsuccessful 3 times in a row, we opted for number 2. and WA-LA! 2 very clear blue lines.

Reaction number 1: OMG am i ready for baby number 2!! Emery is not sleeping through the night. and she's still on the boob (side note: her current status is no nursing during the day, only right before she goes to bed)

2 weeks later..

Reaction number 2: Excited! Dave and I started looking at nurseries, and talking about names. I told only two people, i was waiting on the whole family to get here to tell them in person. I was going to do invitations that said your invited to a meet and greet with the date and location (East Cooper Hospital)

2 weeks later...

Reaction number 3: Scared...I had some really bad cramps and some spotting about a week and 1/2 ago. Dave made me call the doc (i really didn't want to) and they said to come in right away. Dave sped to Mount Pleasant from Folly Beach and we met with our midwife last monday. The baby is measuring 1 1/2 weeks smaller then the estimated due date and there is a bleed spot of my ultrasound.

So what now? Well we go back to the doctor on Wednesday of this week to do another ultrasound. They said this happens from time to time and it can be nothing....OR it's a sign that the pregnancy isn't going to take. We haven't told anyone but family and a few close friends. The same people you'd want to be there in case things go south. I just want to know what's going. I know my body will do what it needs to, and i fully understand that. I still want to know what's going on though.

No comments: