Friday, February 10, 2012

One day at a time

Well everyday i feel a lot better. Yesterday was the first full day i went without any percocets. I'm still on Ibuprofen every 6 hours and i'm not giving that one up. I pretty much live in the recliner in the family room. Prisha calls it my command station. It's on loan from our friends the Hatchers, thank God for this chair. I sit in it pretty much all day and sleep in it at night. I have friends that come over every day so I can go upstairs and shower. Kayla came Monday, Monica came over Tuesday, mom came Wednesday, and Karin came yesterday. Talk about great friends. Monica did all my dishes and Karin and mom did the laundry and the kitchen floor.

My mental state is getting better. I'm pretty angry on one hand and very relieved on the other, I mean the most important thing is Vince is alive and healthy. I kind of feel cheated though. The first few weeks with a new baby are meant to be joyful not miserable. I also couldn't cry the whole time i was in the hospital (it physical hurt too much) so I think i have a lot of that emotion built up. It comes out in spells here and there. I feel bad that Dave is taking on 100% of the house hold stuff, Emery, work, and his crying wife. But i have to say I could never in a million years picked a better spouse. He's amazing. He said something to me last night that was really helpful. It's hard for me to be in the house this long, cooped up. But Dave said to me last night that there is no where else Vince would rather be then laying on my chest 20+ hours a day.

Hopefully we're going to get out a little this weekend. I can't really walk that far, and I can't carry anything, oh and I can't really get up from a sitting position without pain.....i'm just a heap of fun. So our options are pretty small but even the park for a bit would be nice. Something other then my family room.

Emery update: Em has been AMAZING!!!! She loves on Vinny like crazy. She calles him Baby and gives him "pounds" (also know as nuckles) all the time. She kisses him and pats him, and hugs him. It's really cute. She's so close to full sentances it's crazy. She has a new obsession with Barny, they must have watched it at school. So that's what we watch for a bit when she gets home. I was always that mom that said "no TV" but when you can't lift up your kid and she wants to cuddle with you and watch Barney....I mean come up. It's the best part of my day.



Oh and did I mention i have a cold?? Yes, and it comes with a lovely cough that makes me want to throw myself off a bridge b/c it hurts so bad to cough. It also hurts to blow my nose, which has been running for a few days now....just to top things off.

No comments: